Valentine's Day Treat Jars
This is a fun, adorable Valentine's Day gift that is perfect for kids, teachers or neighbors. Make your own Valentine's treat jar and fill it with yummy candy - there's nothing better than a homemade gift from the heart.
You'll probably be able to find many of the supplies in your own home. Look around your house for old bottles or jars and recycle them into adorable treat containers or vases.
This edible sugar glue acts as a sealer, making it a great medium to work with. The kids can paste doilies or paper hearts directly onto glass and by adding another thin layer on top, it seals with a nice sheen. Shop your craft cabinets for sequins, glitter, ribbons and other festive things to use for decoration
- Edible Sugar Glue
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- Assorted clean and dry jars
- Paper hearts
- Washi tape
- Paint brushes or sponges
- Edible sugar glue
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture. Let cool.
- Use edible sugar glue to paint jar. A thin layer works best.
- Add glitter, paper hearts, dollies, and other embellishments to decorate. If you are painting on paper, add another layer of decoupage on top to seal.
- Let dry completely.
- Fill with treats of your choice.