Spider Web Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Optional: black food coloring
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, beaten egg and butter. Whisk. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients; color with food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Place batter into a piping bag with small tip or a squeeze bottle.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pipe batter directly onto pan in shape of webs. Flip to cook after roughly one minute. Remove web to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with favorite syrup.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.